Heat Exchangers are integral part of any process plant and are used to transmit heat from hot fluid to cold fluid.
Elgin manufactures the following types of heat exchangers:
DOUBLE PIPE HEAT EXCHANGERS
- Upto a pressure of 50 Kg/cm2g and upto a temperature of 400 deg C.
HAIR PIN HEAT EXCHANGERS
SHELL AND TUBE HEAT EXCHANGERS
- Fixed Tube sheet with expansion bellows
- Fixed Tube sheet without expansion bellows
- U Tube heat exchangers
- Full floating heat type
- Packed floating head type
- Full floating head wuth bundle free to move (used in Hydrolysis)
- Any other specific construction as required
We offer designs using softwares like HTRI, Aspen HTFS+, Aspen TASC.Mechanica design is offered with COMPRESS and PVElite. Drawings are done in AutoCAD.
- Shell diameter: Upto1250 mmm
- Shell Length: Upto 9000 mm
- Shell Thickness: 200 mm
- Area: Upto 600 m2
- Tube: 9.75 mm to 90 mm
- Weight: upto 20 MT
- Shell CS/CS with SS cladding, SS 304,304L,316,316L,316Ti, 321,347
- Tubes: CS, SS, Cupronickel, AD bronze, Copper
- Tubesheet: CS, SS, CS with any cladding
- All NDT as required by Code/TEMA specs.
Non Destructive Testing(NDT):
Finned Tube Heat Exchangers
These are used for heat exchange of gaseous mediums operating at lower pressures with either hot medium like steam, thermal fluid or cold medium like water, chilled water.Finned tubes are extended heat transfer surfaces, and considerable reduction in area is achieved. These can also work in ambient air by convection for cooling of gasses/hot fluid.
We can supply heat exchanger with wire wound finned tubes. Wires are made in loop forms and wound on the tubes. These are held to the surface of tubes by means of tension wires and either soldered or brazed. The contact between tube and fin is complete unlike crimped fins where a small air gap reduces the heat transfer coefficient. The fin structure is such that high turbulence is achieved on the fin size, which enhances the heat transfer coefficient.
We can give the tube/wires in any combination of material. We can also offer other finned tubes design, like G type, L type or integral fins. We have the process data from the original finned tube manufactures and can offer the heat exchangers with complete process and mechanist design. The manufacturing is carried as per TEMA and API- 660